Subscribe to our newsletter Keeping you up to date with the latest developments at You're the Boss.

What do you do with your parents’ home when they move into residential care?

Posted on 17/02/2014

It can be difficult to admit, but there will come a time when you need to start thinking about your ageing parents’ care and support needs, as they find it more difficult to manage daily tasks or aspects of their personal care.

While there are plenty of care and support options that can help your elderly parents to stay independent and in their own home, there may come a time when the best solution for them is to move into sheltered accommodation or residential care. This can give you the peace of mind that their care needs are being met all the time, and that there is always someone close to hand if they need help.

There are a lot of things that you need to take into consideration when your parents need to move out of their home, not least what you need to do with their property and paying for their long-term care needs.

You might need to sell their home in order to pay for care costs, or you may want to rent it out to generate some income. 

Find out more about what to do with your parent's property with this essential advice

Back to top
Advertise on this site